Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My Son, the Fashionisto

My son Cameron found me in the kitchen washing the breakfast dishes and began complaining, "Daddy ― look how Mommy had me dress today!"

I looked up from the sink full of dishes to see how my spouse had outfitted our son.

A sleeveless white skater dress with elasticized waist adorned his body and white skimmers adorned his feet. White pantyhose encased his legs and his short haircut was brushed forward to give him bangs that were held in place with a white barrette. A white purse, slung over his shoulder completed the outfit.

His eyes were lightly made up ― just a touch of liner and mascara and a smudge of eyeshadow. Pink lip gloss highlighted his lips and he might have had a light touch of blush, too, but I was not sure. Either way, his makeup, as well as his whole presentation was befitting a teenager his age.

"What's the matter, Cammi? You look very pretty," I replied.

"Thank you, Daddy, but I can't go to school dressed like this," he whined.

"Why not?" I asked.

"The other boys will make fun of me," he replied.

"I don't understand why they would," was my perplexed retort.

"White ― after Labor Day!" was his anxious reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment